'Your Choice' // Final Screen Prints

Here are the images after I spent the majority of last week screen printing my final designs. I was pleased with the outcome overall as a series however I would have liked the screen printing process to run better and one or two of the prints are not as high quality as the other, but due to time restrictions it was inconvenient to continue working on prints.




The above screen prints work as a series ands look really good together. I have created some prints in an A2 format and some at A3 to give the audience (buyer) choice. I hope these would be sold on sites like 'notonthehighstreet.com' etc. 
Below is images of them in context working as a series, this looks really good and the screen print techniques has worked really well.




Below is my second series of images looking at the fairytale 'goldilocks and the three bears'. This again has worked really well using the screen print techniques and the grey and black compliment each other really well. I was concerned about the small text at the bottom being clear however, this has worked well as it is easily legible, yet doesn't detract from the main images of the three designs: type, image and image and type.







Below are some brighter alternatives for the audience to purchase. I tried to keep a neutral unisex colour as the designs are aimed at both girls and boys, however I do feel that more females would purchase the designs than males. The yellow stock is really vibrant however I gained some advice whilst in screen print to print a block of solid colour rather than to print onto coloured stock. This is something to consider in future.





The goldilocks and the three bears designs look really well and strong here too. These are larger than the grey prints above, these are in an A2 format whereas above the prints are A3, both work well however and the text is still legible.





Tuesday 15 May 2012 by Lisa Collier
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply