What is a line // 'Route Cards' Development

Here is the step-by-step stages that I undertook in Adobe illustrator and photoshop in order to gain designs that were suitable for my target audience.



I decided to go with neutral colours as this would not detract from the text and the focus of the route cards.





I faded the reverse of the route cards by changing the opacity to 50% this allowed the step-by-step instructional guide to take focus on the design. 



The front cover has much stronger colours whilst still incorporating calm tones that match the rest and work as a series. I wanted minimal text in a simple typeface so it was easily legible on such a small surface area.




I was really pleased with the process of the designs for the route cards. They were working well as a series and their simplicity was very effective. They related well to my target audience as they are simple and basic and will be easy to understand for first time beginners or walkers.





Because the maps are so simple, it is advised on the cards that an official OS map is taken alongside the written instructions. 







Thursday 12 April 2012 by Lisa Collier
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply