What is a Line? (statement of intent)

Once again I have changed my idea for 'what is a line?'. Being so indecisive about his module probably isn't helping me move on and research further as I keep finding that there is nowhere to go with the idea's that I put forward. I have now decided upon my third idea, and I WILL stick with this one. I will be using the words Maps-Walking-Layout as my inspiration.

BRIEF // What is the problem you intend to solve?
I have a strong passion for walking, probably being brought up in a family who like the outdoors and always being involved with the scouting associations as well as Duke of Edinburgh I have found my love for the Lake District. I intend to create awareness of walking in the lake district, how walking is beneficial to health and the beauty of the landscape around us in our own country.


WHO NEEDS TO KNOW? // Who is your audience?
I will be aiming this publication at walking beginners, the publication will highlight the benefits of walking, whilst the 'route card' style product will demonstrate basic walks around the Lake District of varying standard both easy and slightly more difficult. 

WHAT DO THEY NEED TO KNOW? // Be clear and specific
They need to know; the benefits that walking can have, the beauty of The Lakes, where they can walk in the Lake District, key information about the walks and a simple documentary of the route.

WHAT WILL THEY RESPOND TO? // How will they connect with and understand the outcome?
They will respond to the route card style of product that will accompany my publication; they can use this to plan their own routes or take a simple stroll following the given instructions in and around the Lake District.

WHAT RESEARCH IS REQUIRED? // What do you need to know to complete this brief?
Primary - Collect information on walks in and around the area, look at an OS map of the lake district to refresh my memory of the routes and the area itself.

Secondary - Research relating to publications and other articles on walking and the benefits that it can have.

Monday 2 April 2012 by Lisa Collier
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply