'Stamp It' Brief // Evaluation

Systematic approach
This is based on the systematic collection and modification of components, characteristics and means of expression: such as by structuring and restructuring, enlarging and reducing, combining and extracting, replacing, adding, mirroring or reproducing.


Stimulated approach
This is a conscious or subconscious search for inspiration from an external repertoire: in the surroundings, media, in discussion, libraries, etc. The main concern here is the development of analogies and associative approaches, which are then further developed into individual solutions.


Intuitive approach
The is the development of thought process which is primarily based on internalised perceptions and knowledge, that is to say an internal repertoire. This type of thought process may occur spontaneously, without being evoked specially. This is actually a systematic process that takes place subconsciously.


'Stamp It' Evaluation
Personally, I feel as though my main process throughout this brief was the stimulated approach: This is a conscious or subconscious search for inspiration from an external repertoire: in the surroundings, media, in discussion, libraries, etc. The main concern here is the development of analogies and associative approaches, which are then further developed into individual solutions. I find this techniques really useful in order to gain inspiration from other sources to then begin designing individually. This also helps me to research and understand my topic gaining further knowledge. My second approach for my working process is the intuitive approach: The is the development of thought process which is primarily based on internalised perceptions and knowledge, that is to say an internal repertoire. This type of thought process may occur spontaneously, without being evoked specially. This is actually a systematic process that takes place subconsciously. I am becoming more and more confident with this process as my time on the course goes on. I find that this thought process occurs spontaneously without me realising, as I feel this is important for the design process and development stages of a brief. For this brief specifically, once I had completed my research, which took longer than expected, I found that the idea's came fast and I was pleased with my initial idea's before making them digital. The final stage of my processes is the systematic approach: This is based on the systematic collection and modification of components, characteristics and means of expression: such as by structuring and restructuring, enlarging and reducing, combining and extracting, replacing, adding, mirroring or reproducing. This is where I develop my idea's digitally; experimenting with layout, size, style, colour etc.

Tuesday 10 April 2012 by Lisa Collier
Categories: , | Leave a comment

Leave a Reply